Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blueberry Tuesday!

Zoya describes Charla as: tropical blue sparkling metallic. An expensive-looking metallic shade for summer.

I have no idea where or why this started, but some of my coworkers have dubbed Tuesdays "Blueberry Tuesday." We wear blue on Tuesday. No special reason I'm aware of. It likely started because several people wore blue on Tuesday and started a joke.

Since poor Marley caved after I opened one of those plastic packages electronics accessories are sold in (you know, the kind you have to cut open with scissors, and the scissors nearly break cutting through...all to get to your stupid memory card or phone case...), I decided my nails would participate in Blueberry Tuesday this week.

I don't have a lot of blue in my collection, but I decided Zoya's Charla was a perfect summer blue for the occasion.
Taken outside in the shade.
Inside, natural light.

Isn't she pretty? And look how shiny! In the sunlight, Charla shows off the lighter blue/green shades, inside the darker speckles come out.

I got Charla and Ivanka free with my very first purchase from Zoya, and I've been enamored ever since. These two beauties are from the Sparkle collection, and they live up to the name. No photos do them justice, but this polish gleams in the sunshine. The color makes me feel a bit like a mermaid, and I have a hard time not looking at it.

In other news, I got the shipping confirmation for the Smoke half of the Smoke & Mirrors (plus a few other things...) collection yesterday evening. I fully expect to spend the next two days checking FedEx's website every three minutes to see if it's here yet. I can assure you these will be posted soon.It may take all of my willpower not to do them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment