Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Body Shop Tea Tree 4-Piece Facial Skin Care Regime

Face Wash, Lotion, Toner, Tea Tree Oil
As some of you may have read, I have been undergoing a battle with my skin. I was running low on face wash the other day, so I decided to test out this little set from The Body Shop, courtesy of Sephora. I just got the order, and I've only used it twice, but I'm going to try something a little different. Rather than post a single review with my thoughts, I'm going to post updates as I go.

First Impressions: I have used pure tea tree oil in the past, so the scent didn't freak me out, but if you've never smelled tea tree oil, you will need to adjust. The face wash doesn't get super foamy, which I actually like. Foamy cleansers tend to strip your skin and cause dryness. This one will generate a few bubbles, but it's not really harsh.

The toner is interesting, in that you need to shake it before use. There is cornstarch in the toner, which causes a mattifying effect. I thought it was unusual when I ordered it, but I really like it. I used the set before applying makeup today, and I didn't need to use powder over my tinted moisturizer to get rid of the shine, which makes me VERY happy. I hate wearing powder. I prefer a slightly dewy finish to my makeup.

The moisturizer spreads really well, and you don't have to use a ton. A dime-size dollop will cover my whole face and neck. It doesn't add any shine to my skin, either. It worked well under makeup today.

Between last night and this morning, I haven't noticed a difference in my skin, aside from the matte look. It does feel soft, though, and not dry at all. I'll keep you posted with thoughts as I continue to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment