Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Body Shop Tea Tree 4-Piece Facial Skin Care Regime - Week 1 Update

As you may have seen, I have been using the Tea Tree 4-Piece Facial Skin Care Regime for a few days now.

Observations so far:

Several of the blemishes I already had have cleared up or at least reduced in size. I've had a few new spots, but I am allowing about a week for anything that was already brewing under the skin to pop up.

I feel like I'm less shiny by the end of the day.

I noticed when I was applying the Tea Tree Oil to my face the first few days, I had enough spots that I covered a fair share of my face. I discovered that if I just added a drop or two to the lotion, it spread more evenly and I experienced less dryness in the trouble spots.

In the past, if a cleanser didn't have the "microscrubbers" in the formula, I constantly felt the need to exfoliate. Not the case with this product. I use a washcloth daily to remove makeup at the end of the day, and every other day, I'm using Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser ($10 from Sephora) to smooth things out.

So far, I'm really happy with the whole set. I'll keep you posted with the progress, and if I learn how to take self portraits where I don't look uber-creepy or serial-killer-like, I'll post future progress.

I am in awe of the veteran beauty bloggers out there who can photograph their eyes and lips without looking crazy or gross. I am still working on that skill...and may be for some time. Also, who really wants makeup-less shots of themselves on the internet? Well, unless you look like Eva Longoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment