Saturday, August 6, 2011

Carry On: Essie Brand New Bag Collection for Fall 2011

As you may have seen (Brand New Bag: Essie Fall 2011 Collection), I snagged a couple of bottles from the Brand New Bag collection last week. I was convinced Carry On looked a lot like Zoya's Anja and resisted the urge to buy it.

As predicted, I bought it anyway.

The color is gorgeous. The formula covers in two coats, there's a nice shiny finish, it dries quickly, especially for a creme finish.

Now the question is: Are Anja and Carry On twins?
Carry On, Anja, Carry On, Anja

Carry On, Anja, Carry On, Anja (With Flash)

Answer: Yes, but they're fraternal, not identical twins.

Anja has a bit more red in it, which I think lends to a little glossier finish. You really don't see it until you're in bright light or with a flash. I could easily have left the nails painted with both colors and no one would have noticed. Do you NEED both of these in your collection? Not really. Does that stop me? Never.

While writing this post, I found a couple other siblings and maybe cousins in my collection. I'll post comparisons soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment