Monday, August 15, 2011

Spring Back: Zoya Intimate Collection - Spring 2011

So...I realize I'm a little late on this one. I was introduced to Zoya polish after this collection was released, and it's taken me this long to piece together the whole collection. Thanks to last weekend's promotion, I've finally got it together. Well, the nail polish collection, anyway...

Caitlin, Dove, Marley, Dannii, Gemma, Jules
Caitlin
You may have seen previous pictures of Caitlin. I won't spend a lot of time on her, but she's a pretty gray with bluish purple tones, almost periwinkle. She's a gorgeous creme with a glossy finish and a great formula.
Dove
 Dove is a great pale gray. I love the glossy finish and the color is a nice neutral that isn't taupe or nude. This one looks like a great blank slate for some nail art, but holds her own very well. The formula on this one is almost exactly like Caitlin. She's opaque in two coats. I usually do three, since she is such a light shade.
Marley
Marley has also gotten her own post, but this loveliness bears repeating. Similar formula to Caitlin and Dove, but this pretty lavender has a tiny hint of shimmer. It's almost undetectable, but it's there and it's pretty.
Dannii - Sunlight

Dannii - Indoor, Natural Light
Zoya describes Dannii as a medium orchid purple with pink and champagne highlights and flecks of silver metallic shimmer. With so many shades of purple on the market, it's hard to believe I haven't seen this one yet. I love Zoya's ability to make colors that look good on any skin tone. I honestly can't think of a girl (or guy, I suppose) that wouldn't look good with Dannii on her (or his) nails.
Gemma - Indoor, Natural Light

Gemma - Direct Sunlight
I LOATHE sage green. Hate it. Long story, but I seriously dislike the color...yet Gemma is quite possibly my favorite color of the collection. I think Zoya technically calls this a muted olive. Potato/potatoe. Whatever. It's sage to me, but the flashes of pink and blue shimmer add a magical touch to this otherwise basic creme. My favorite thing about Gemma: the glass-like finish. She's SO shiny the top coat is a mere formality.
Jules - Indoor, Natural Light

Jules - Sunlight
Jules was another surprise for me. I expected her to be a bit darker, more of a gold. She's actually more of a sandy taupe with hints of gold, champagne and silver glitter. Another classy neutral with enough sparkle to keep things interesting. Formula and finish are nice and smooth. I used three thin coats so the nail line wasn't visible.

Even though the Intimate collection was released as a spring collection, these pretties easily transition into summer, and a couple of them could even work in fall. I'm sorry it took me so long to pick up the last three, especially Gemma. Pure pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment