Thursday, January 12, 2012

Catching Up - NYE 2012

Since you all got a glimpse of my pretty Christmas nails last night, I figured this would be a good night to show off the continuation of the glitz for New Year's Eve. As you can see looking at my ring finger, I kept the Zoya Ibiza with China Glaze Skyscraper layered over it. The other nails were chipping terribly after wrapping all those presents and tearing new ones open, so I had to rework them.
I kept the non-chipped nail the same, but the rest got 2 coats of Julep's Trina, which, since it's covered in glitter, is a fantastic deep plum shimmer, that has a similar glow to Ibiza. If you're not familiar with Julep polishes, you should get to know them better. More on that later. To match the sparkle on the accent nail, I layered a coat of China Glaze CG in the City over Trina. I had a heck of a time getting lighting that would photograph well, but my nails were twinkling. Very pretty.
This shot is a little blurry, but you can get a better look at the glitter. Very pretty. China Glaze makes a great glitter. Very smooth application. Just needs a lot of top coat for a glossy finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment