Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting Naked!

 
I did it. I caved. I got the Naked 2 Palette. Then I found the Naked Palette on sale. So...I got it, too. Was it worth it? Sure was. Between a gift card and the sale online, I got both for $60, so no guilt here.

Before I get to my thoughts, here is what I know you all want: PICTURES.

First up: The original. Forgive my camera's increasing distaste for macro pics.
Packaging
Ingredients and Product Info on Back
Includes Eyeshadow Primer Potion
The actual palette
Close up on the suede-like texture.
The first 4 colors (Virgin, Sin, Naked and Sidecar)
The Middle 4 (Buck, Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse)
The final 4 (toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal)



The Included Brush
Next up: Naked 2
The Packaging
Ingredient List
The Palette

Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall and Chopper

Tease, Snakebite, Suspect and Pistol
Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout

My Thoughts:
The differences between these two palettes are very nuanced. Half Baked is the only color name repeated, and the color is different in each palette. There are a lot of VERY similar shades, and realistically, you don't NEED to have both. That said, if you're a makeup junkie or if you wear a lot of neutrals, you could get them both and not feel duped.

I've seen some reviews that say Naked 2 is better for cooler skin tones. I am very pale with pinkish undertones, and I can't say I agree 100% with that. I think the fact that the colors are a bit lighter in Naked 2 makes it easier for us fair-skinned ladies to work with. There are seven or eight colors that could be used as a nude or highlight shade, compared to the five to six in Naked. Obviously, this is going to vary according to your specific skin tone.

I really don't have a problem with all the shimmer, but I can see how some may be put off by the lack of matte shades. There are only two or three in each set.

The brushes are a nice inclusion. I can't say they're necessarily better than the ones in my bathroom, but If I wanted to throw one of these in my purse to change from day to night, or for touch-ups later, it is nice to have the option without taking the ones I use for primping in the morning.

I think it's great that you get a "free" gift in each set, too. I've been meaning to try the Primer Potion, and the lip gloss is really cute. Here are a few shots of "Naked." Isn't the lid cute?
I've only used the primer potion a few times, but so far, the wear is really good. My eyes crease terribly. Over twelve hours between application and this picture:
My eye...with Naked Shadows. I forget which colors I wore...
Primer Potion
Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase. I think I may have held off on the second one were it not for the aforementioned discounts. I look at this like buying a little black dress. I'm going to use it at some point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment